Tuesday 15 December 2009

Evaluation for promos

ASDA promo

For my ASDA promo i opened with an instore advert for ASDA having many great products for sale during the Christmas holiday's before playing a Christmas song. The reason I did this was because ASDA often use instore adverts to use boost sales and as it is nearly Christmas i decided to play a Christmas song as ASDA play songs relevant to the seasons such as festive songs in winter and summer songs during the summer. I did this for The rest of my ASDA promo as well to break the show down so it wasn't all music. I think my promo went quite well considering this my first time using a MAC do my work instead of windows. The program Logic PRO for the MAC was a professional standard but however it kept braking for unknown reasons which really bugged me and this was a recurring theme during all my promos.

Breakfast Show

I introduced my breakfast show with alittle introduction about what song I'm about to play. My levels are not great during breakfast show they sound very quite compared to my station Ident. I tried to use my station ident in between each song to break up the show up and give the songs some space apart. I included a feature in my breakfast show, I wasn't sure what to have a feature on but i decided to have a list of the top ten best selling albums which i found online and read out live on air, which didnt go to plan as i messed up a tiny bit because the microphone i used was too quite, I had trouble this time with logic pro with balancing my levels so they sound similar however No matter how many times i tried I couldnt get them right.

BBC Radio suffolk

For my radio suffolk show I tried to remake my own version of one of their shows called suffolk country. The first problem I had again was getting my levels right so that it all sounded the same. Because The levels are not quite right the whole promo sounds really quite. After playing my opening introduction I played Dolly partons working nine to five before cutting to my feature. I'm alittle upset that my feature had bad sound quality so felt that I could of done that better. It was because the sound quality was so bad i felt I had to mention something about it within my promo itself so i added apology. The only problem I had with this promo was the microphone i recored my feature with as I tried to record using it so many times and the one used on the promo was the best sounding recording. Logic Pro didnt mess up much for my BBC radio suffolk promo it just didnt make the levels right even though I changed it manually.

ICR promo

For my Ipswich community radio promo i recored everything in the radio studio in college. I opened the show with a song just like the show i researched for ICR, however unlike the ICR show I had to produce a talk based show. I decided to have theme to help me out with my show, and I decided to base my show on the paranormal. Everything said in the show was made up on the spot. I interviewed David Howe for the show as he has of lots things to say about the paranormal and it allowed me to bounch of David which really added to the show making my best promo.

No comments:

Post a Comment